Saturday, July 14, 2007

Kool Aid dyes and Monkeysocks finished

On Sunday I dyed some yarn with Kool Aid and now I have one skein that smells like Pina Collada and one that smells strange but I cannot describe how strange.
A while ago I read the blog of Greenday and Susanne dyed with Kool Aid and didn't like it. So she was looking for someone who buys her remaining Kool Aid.
I bought them and they were waiting for me quite a while. On Sunday I was in the mood for dying and tried the Kool Aid thing. I had a dying instruction from Wollhuhn. It was very difficult to get an idea what kind of colour will come out when you have the packages and read the flavour. The colour of the package in often not the same like the Kool Aid drink looks like.

The yellow Pina Pineapple was made out of three packages Pina Pineapple and parts of the yarn stayed different amounts of time in the Kool Aid. The part of the yarn that was at first in the Kool Aid is deep yellow and the part that was last in the Kool Aid is a faint yellow. I'm afraid you can't make the difference from the picture.
The other skein was made of grape illusion, mango and apple ice cool.


We have our next group meeting on Thursday and a friend will give me her wool winder.

I also finished a pair of monkeysocks (design by Cookie A). Each time I lay the socks on the ground to take a picture my daughter is much quicker in picking them up than me taking a picture. So this is the best picture I could get ;-).

2 comments:

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Liebe Katja.
Deine beiden Stränge sind schön geworden - hoffentlich hilft eine mal waschen, so dass du nicht mit Ananas-socken herumläufst ;-)). Ich mag die Farben. Toll.
Und dein kleiner Mausist ja süss!
Einen schönen Sontag und liebe Grüsse aus DK, wo die Sonne ausnahmsweisse scheint,
Anne-Mette

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Die Wolle sieht klasse aus :-)
Amelie guckt, als würde sie sich sehr wundern, was das soll : "Socken auf dem Fußboden ! Und statt sie wegzuräumen, will Mama sie fotografieren - Komische Leute, diese Erwachsenen !"
Liebe Grüße
Angelika