Friday, July 07, 2006

Current Project: Rafflequilt for our kindergarten

In Germany kids from 3 to 6 years old visit the kindergarten. Our kindergarten doesn't have a climbing frame in the outside area and the city council (who runs the kindergarten) has no money to buy one in the next few years. But we know that climbing and all kind of physically activity is very important for the development of the brain. As I'm a member of the parents' association we collect money to buy a climbing frame. We had a few activities and I talked about it at a guild meeting (my quilt guild consists of 10 women including me). So we decided to sew a raffle quilt. The top is done already and now I handquilt the sashings. As I don't have to much time because I have a new born daughter which consumes much of my time I did some maths and came to the conclusion if I quilt two sashings a day I will be done in five weeks - meaning end of July.

1 comment:

laura west kong said...

Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos.