Saturday, August 26, 2006

Tote bag finished


I already wanted to share the finished tote bag with you yesterday, but I was not able to sign in by blogger.
Yesterday was my baby-daughter's first vaccanation (and because I was not sure how she will cope with it we had no plans for the afternoon). We did some shopping afterwards and returned earlier at home as expected. So I took the chance and worked on the tote bag. I have a fabric subscription with Barbaras Regenbogen - Barbara's Rainbow. Every two month I get a package with six differnt fabrics each 15 cm wide and an instruction for a small quilt, a bag, place mats etc. Often I have to buy some additional background fabric. As you can image by the shop's name the colours of the fabrics are often bright. The december package had some nice batiks and instructions for the tote bag. I e-mailed a few times with Barbara because sometimes the instruction was not easy to follow.
I also worked on the raffle quilt and I nearly finished quilting the inner sashings (only two are missing) and then I can start quilting the 32 outer sashings.

2 comments:

Melzie said...

THat is 100% beautiful and just perfect for the upcoming fall season :) xoxo melzie

tami said...

I love the tote bag. Very nice. Is it for you?