Monday, March 19, 2007

Thursday at the yarn shop

Thursday morning I visited my favorite yarn shop. I needed some yarn to knit a pullover (and maybe a pair of trousers) for the baptism of my daughter. There was a type of yarn recommened in the knitting magazin but this brand is out of sale. So I bought some sock knitting yarn in white that I can wash in the washing maschine.

I thought that it would be pretty easy to knit the pattern. I gave it a try and I had two restarts. On Saturday I wondered how other knitters can make blankets like Mette does with that knitty-pattern.
Today I finished the part of the pullover with the pattern. I now understand the way the pattern works but when I get an interruption I have to continue carefully but I already noticed a mistake but this is the back of the pullover so nobody will notice unless one of you tells the guests :-)


I also bought one skein of sock yarn of Opal - rainforest edition. 1 Euro of each sold skein will be donated to a rainforest project. I plan to knit a pair of socks for me.
The other skein is a Regia Canada Colour. A few Pucksäcke (some kind of sleeping bags for babies, pls when somebody knows the correct translation leave it as a comment) are needed for preemature babies and I bought this bright yarn for it.

2 comments:

CONNIE W said...

I know zilch about yarn but as a wannabe-knitter I can enjoy looking at it. It all looks yummy. I have knitting lessons coming from a dear quilting friend, now if I can just arrange the time! :D

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Du wirst ja richtig hyperaktiv mit den Stricknadeln ;-)) Das Set für Amelie wir bestimmt klasse - und Sockenwolle ist immer eine gute Wahl !
Liebe Grüße
Angelika