Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Four patch swap - Blocks arrived

Yesterday when I came home from a walk with my daughter I had a big, soft envelope in my mail-box containing the blocks of the four-patch-swap. Opening a swap return is like having x-mas.


I took part with 8 sets of 10. It always amazes me within fabric or block swaps how many different fabrics are out there. Some of the used fabrics were familiar to me because I saw them in a shop or in a quilt, but within in blocks there was only one fabric that I also have in my stash. An this within 100 blocks with 200 printed fabric.

I now have 80 blocks from the swap, 20 to 30 I made for the swap, but they were to tiny to get swapped. To make a quilt for an european bed for two (which is a bit smaller than a king-size bed) I need a lot more patches, but maybe there will be a chance for another four-patch-swap in future.

Thanks to: Gaby, Renate, Brigitte S., Martina, Petra, Marita, Brigitte K. and Elvira

2 comments:

CONNIE W said...

A swap sounds like so-o-o-o much fun! What a wonderful way to construct a quilt with patches from so many friends! :)

Simonetta said...

Great swap,Katja!Have a beautiful Easter time :)))