Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Baby's new wooly yellow hat and some more

I'm still knitting a lot. The lastest finished project was that yellow hat for my baby-daughter. I wanted to knit a special hat (the german name is devil's hat) which fits perfectly and doesn't slip. I knitted exactly what they said in the pattern and I took a bigger yarn but the hat was far to small. So maybe it fits a doll. Then I bought some new yarn and tried this model. Now the hat looks a bit to big but now she has no longer cold ears.

This morning we went to the post office and mailed the last outstandig parcel with x-mas presents. It travels to Angelika who lives in the most nothern part of Germany near the danish border. Keep your fingers crossed that it will arrive on time.
This afternoon my son had an appointment with a dentist who is specialized in working with kids. Florian was really a brave boy and afterwards we went to the x-mas market. It was crowed and everybody seemed to be stressed and in a bad mood. They didn't really looked whether they run into a five-year old. So he took a ride on a merry-go-round and bought some chocolate-coated popcorn. We parked in a parking lot of a big department store. When you buy something at their shop you get a reduction in your parking fee. So I bought some yarn (for a pair of socks for my daughter in girlish colours) and a tatting shuttle. I have no idea how it works but every two month I have to go to tumour aftercare at the university hospital and sometimes I met an eldery woman who does tatting. She told me that she used to live with amish people and that she is quilting. But now her husband is serious ill and I didn't see her for quiet a long time.
When you have some beginners information or links about tatting I would be glad when you will share these with me.
Tomorrow while Florian is at the kindergarten we will go to Mainz again and shop the last missing x-mas presents. I hope I will have some time to sneak into the quilt shop. :-)

4 comments:

Joyce said...

The little yellow hat is so cute and so is your daughter. She looks very happy with the hat. That type of hat is very popular here in Canada, almost like out trademark. We call them Touques and they are probably so popular because they are warm and cosy.

Patti said...

What a precious, wonderful picture of your daughter! She certainly loves her yellow hat. It looks great!

Simonetta said...

Hi Katja,very beautiful, Katja; likes a lot to me!
Have a serene and happy Christmas!

Granny said...

She looks very pleased with her new hat!

Judy L.