Friday, December 08, 2006

X-mas party with my quilt-group

Yesterday we had our X-mas party at my quilt-group and this was the last meeting for this year.
Each member brought some beverages, sweets and - most important - a handmade, quiltrelated gift to the party.
Each year we play a game. We put all the gifts in the middle of the table and then we play the dice. During the first round you have to have a six to choose one of the still wrapped presents. When everyone has a present we unwrap and look at the gifts. After that we set a timer for 7 to 10 minutes and dice again. When there is a '1' you have to rotate the gift leftwise, with a '2' rightwiese and with a '6' you can swap for another gift. When the timer rings the gift in front of you is yours.

This year we changed the rule. We didn't make a homemade gift. Each member has to look at her stash and cut a LQ of her favorite fabric, one LQ of her ugliest fabric and bring one needful thing for quilting. We didn't unwrap. When the timer rings we again play the dice and when you have the '6' you are allowed to unwrap. And then we discussed which of the fabrics is the beautiful one and which the ugly one.

The first picture is what I packed and the second one is what I got.




In general I have problems to get into the pre-x-mas mood. We have temperatures of 15 degrees and it is rainy and windy. It is very strange to have a hot Glühwein, listen to x-mas carols and the temperature is more like early spring than two weeks before x-mas.
This year I'm better prepared because I did some of flyladies journal and planned the gifts very early. And the daily habit for this month is the one I like best of all habits: having 15 minutes time for myself. Each day I can quilt one of the windmills on my Round Robin quilt.

No comments: