Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ark project on it's way to the next knitter

Yesterday I finished the last pair of socks for the Ark-project.


In total I knitted five pairs. Now the package is packed and on it's way to the next knitter in Germany.



I would like to thank Moni, who had the idea and provided us with the yarn.

I wanted to send the package with Hermes parcel service, because the fee includes an insurance for the whole parcel. On the website you can type in your ZIP code and a map shows you all the shops where Hermes service is offered. The next one to my home is a computer store in my town. I scrolled a bit and I find a yarn store I didn't know in a 4 km distance.

Now the parcel is on it's way and I can add three new balls of yarn to my stash. And maybe the yarn for my sockapalazoo pal is among them.
In the afternoon the postman brought a parcel from Amazon with two knitting books of Nancy Bush. The only thing I need now is some quality time for me.

2 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Die Socken sehen klasse aus ! Hast Du die Banderolen selbst gemacht ?
Mit den Büchern habe ich auch schon geliebäugelt - bin gespannt, was Du davon hälst :-)
Liebe Grüße
Angelika

Teodo said...

Ciao Katia
happy to hear from you again.
You're right! This song is wonderful
and now I sing it with you...
"Notti magiche inseguendo un goal
sotto il cielo di un'estate italiana..."
ciao ciao