Friday, December 04, 2009

One row scarf

Last year beginning of December I gave a pair of Serpentine Mitts as a birthday present to a friend of mine.
After she unwrapped the gift she joked that she also needs a nice scarf.

During the summer I often asked her about details and on Halloween while the kids rang door bells we talked about details. She asked for a long, grey scarf with approx. 15 cm width.


I browsed Ravelry and found the One row (handspun) scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.
I bought six skeins of grey Tweed and I used a bigger needles size because the US8/5 mm are with another project. Instead I used US9/5,5 mm and I started with 24 stitches. It was to narrow and I started over with 32.
After 4 skeins I asked my friend to try it. She asked to add a bit and I used another skein.
After 5 skeins the scarf is 200 cm long.
It was a fun and easy knit. Thanks to Stephanie Pearl-McPhee for sharing the pattern.
An skein no. 6 has the chance to become a knitted hat or cap.

No comments: