Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Main-Quiltfestival in Aschaffenburg

Yesterday I visited in company of my quilt group the Main-Quiltfestival in Aschaffenburg. We were only six of us and the sister of one of our members.
The festival takes place in three different places. One is a shopping area with a lot of shops coming throughout Germany. A lot of them are also having an online-shop and it is nice to see people you maybe know online.
In one room of 'Schloß Johannisburg' there was an exhibition of Jacqueline Heinz, a german machine quilting artist. We talked with her about having lessons with her, but we will have to travel to her home and this would me more than a day trip. (We already booked a course with Bernadette Mayr in April 2007 so we will have to earn and save some more money to pay a trip to Jacqueline.)
In the same room the quilts of the competion were on display. The theme was fairy tails.
In 'Martinushaus' was a show of a danish group of textile artists named 'QuilteQunstnerne' on display. The motto of this exhibition were the fairy tales of 'Hans Christian Andersen'. Also in 'Martinushaus' was an exhibition of the 'Network Quilters'.
The exhibitions were quite interesting but this was all about quilt art. What I mean is that these quilts are art and the materials are fabric and thread. Me and my group are working more traditional patchwork as a craft. But we will try to work more modern.
I also bought some fabrics - surprise - but I didn't take a photo yet. I will make it later on.

No comments: