Tuesday, October 10, 2006

'Happy Harvest' finished and knitting socks


During the weekend I finished the 'Happy Harvest' quilt. I bought the binding fabric at the Main-Quiltfestival, but I is not exactly the same green like the sashing is. It is also a Patrick Loose Marble but another shade of green. And I made the mistake to buy a FQ instead of a LQ, so I had to make three seems to get a realy long stip, that was long enough for the binding. The label is still missing, but I will make it during this week.


My husband asked me whether I can make him a new pair of knitted socks so I bought same wool yesterday when I was at Mainz, a city 20 min drive from here. My son had an appointment with a dentist who is specialized medicating children and I also had the baby with me. It was quite adventures and I was lucky to be back at home with both of the kids and the shopping bag.
Angelika is teaching knitting at the adult education centre. I mailed her but I was to impatient to wait for her answer. So I googled a bit and found a helpful webpage about how many wool and mashes I need and an instruction in German.

I also finished one x-mas gift for my formerly 'secret' sister, but I will show it after x-mas because Angelika is reading my blog.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this quilt! Definitely my style of quilting. Beautiful knitting--if only I knew how:(...

Melanie

Pam said...

Happy Harvest wallhanging is really cute. thanks for sharing