Thursday, July 20, 2006

Crazy Class

The crazy class yesterday was quite fun. We learnt a few basic stitches like Herringbone Stitch, Fly Stitch, Cretan Stitch, Buttonhole Stitch, Feather Stitch and Chevron Stitch. Then we made the French Knot and Lazy Daisy Stitch. We had enough time to practise the stitches on our crazy block. And we had enough time for talking and laughing.
Anne also dyes her own embroidery thread which goes through the fabric very easy. When I came home I fetched my copy of 'The crazy quilt handbook by Judith Baker Montano and looked for further variations.

Here you can see the whole block and details of my block.








The fabric I used for the block came from a fabric swap we did at my LQS.

2 comments:

Simonetta said...

Hi Katja,really very beautiful your crazy! Compliments :))))
Thank you for having visited my blog :))))

Cynthia said...

The stitches you have done a very pretty. Look forward to seeing the progress on this block.