Friday, July 28, 2006

English Paper Piecing or 'Lieseln'

While surfing through various blogs of uncountable talented women on all places of the planet I found out that Jan of Be*mused and Inga of Quilting above the Artictic Cicle are working on projects with English Paper Piecing.
This is a method I like too because you can do it at the playground or the paddle pool. I have one project with stars and one where I make hexagon flowers from scraps.
There is a german patchwork lady - her name is Liesel Niesner - who improved this method. So you don't stich through the paper pattern. It is difficult to explain it, so take a look at the pictures.



Somebody invented the verb 'Lieseln' (because of the author's first name). So if some german lady says that she 'lieselt' that means that she is doing english paper piecing in Liesel's way..
You can find Liesel and her books here in English.

1 comment:

dot said...

Thanks for this post. This is how I have been doing my piecing and now I know it is acceptable. I just find it more sensible.