Friday, August 11, 2006

Still quilting the raffle quilt

Several blog quilters called out for the Great Fabric Depression of August 2006. I won't take part in this challenge, because I already ordered something before I read about it. I don't have a big stash - okay I have some fabrics, but I never buy meters. I buy some FQ's or fabric I need for a certain project. I now have to move rooms and I have to sort and pack all my quilting things.
Hanne has her own personal challenge for August: to work on her projects one hour a day. With kindergarten holidays, my son's 5th birthday, which has to be celebrated with friends (yesterday) and family (next Sunday) I was not able to manage an hour a day. So I set my goal to quilt at least five sashings a day on the raffle quilt to finish the quilting during August. Let's see whether I can keep the goal.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Five sashings seems like a lot. I am impressed. With my hand quilting that would be more like two or three hours.

Cynthia said...

If you can do five sashings a day you'll have it done in no time. See how you go and even if you get perhaps 2-3 done a day it's better than nothing.