Thursday, September 07, 2006

Book, film and quilting

I recently finished a book called 'Where rainbow ends' from Cecelia Ahern - a young irish author. She also wrote 'PS I love you' which will be filmed with Hillary Swank in the leading female role.
I also went to the cinema yesterday and watched 'Volver'. The leading role has Penelope Cruz and she did a fabulous job. Director of this film is Pedro Aldomovar and he is famous for his abstruse stories and films. I realy enjoyed the film. In Germany we have the adventage that foreign language films are dubbed and you can concentrate on the film instead of reading subtitles.
Yesterday my son's friend spent the whole day with us. They went to kindergarten together, had lunch and played the whole afternoon (The friend's parents had a business appointment). When they play together you better have an eye on them. So I continued quilting the raffle quilt. Now only 16 sashings are missing but I have the impression that there is no progress. But I will visit a friend (the owner of my LQS) next week and I want to show her the quilt and buy the fabric for the binding. So I will try to work a bit on it this afternoon.

No comments: