Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Dance: Raffle quilt nearly finished


I hate handpiecing the binding. I also mailed JudyL (Beta-Blogger didn't accept my comment) wether she has the ultimative tip for me because she is doing a lot of bindings these days, but her answer was to handpiece it and make a stich every 1/4 inches. So I decided to make at least one thread a day, but on some days I did more than one thread and today I was sitting on my garden bench and pieced the last stitches on it.
Now I have to pull out the binding thread and wash it to get rid of the markings for quilting.

5 comments:

Hedgehog said...

The quilt looks great! Funny, handsewing the binding is one of my favorite things! Too bad we can't all trade - I'll do your binding, you do my.... In the meantime, it's fun to encourage people via blogs!

Fiona said...

This looks lovely, I like handsewing the binding too!

Clare said...

I love those colours.

Funny how you all seem to be doing blues and I am trying my hardest to wean myself off them!

Thanks for showing the photos of the blocks for me.

Take care.

Unknown said...

Hello Katje - just found your blog through Clare and her Leukaemia quilts - your blocks are lovely and I love the raffle quilt

Granny said...

I don't mind doing the hand stitching on the binding unless I let them stack up . . which is what I've been doing lately. Good luck getting yours done.

Judy L.