Saturday, September 23, 2006

Pincushions

Today I had no time to quilt. I cooked the lunch for tomorrow already because my inlaws will visit us tomorrow and I don't like to be in the kitching doing the cooking while the others sit in the living room and chat. And I baked some muffins because we have a big children's festival in our town. This festival has been taking place for 12 years to celebrate the world's kids day which was last Wednesday. And the kindergartens are in charge of the buttery.

But I took my time to visit some blogs today and I saw a lot of pincushions. So I decided to show you mine.


The first pincushion was made by me and it always lies in reach.



The second pincushion was a christmas gift of Inge, my friend at the lqs. I always use it when I'm handquilting, because it has enough space for the quilting thread and a small scissor. Originally it was filled with sweets.


The third pincushion combined with a wastebasket for thread and small fabric pieces was a gift of my formerly 'Secret Sister' Angelika. We met through a yahoo-group and I had to sent her a x-mas present. Since then we sent us presents for X-mas and birthdays, our kids birthdays and we email very regulary. I tried to talk her into blogging and hopefully I will be succesful. I will tell you as soon as she has a blog.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I love your pincushion that holds the thread. I need one like that for hand quilting too because I am always losing my thread when it rolls onto the floor. What a great way to keep everything together. Is there any way you could get a pattern and post it? I am sure there are a lot of quilters who would dearly love to try it.

Joyce said...

ME again. Looking closer it seems to be a circle with a little pincushion suspended by its corners. Is that right? Maybe I could make one without a pattern. Guess what I will be doing this afternoon????

Juliann in WA said...

just found you blog and I wanted to say how much I like that second pin cushion with the space for thread and scissors - very useful
Juliann

Katrina said...

I love the pincushion that holds the thread and scissors!! Do you have a pattern name for that one? It looks like it folds up too.