Friday, October 20, 2006

Potholders #2 and group meeting

This week I had not so much time for piecing. My baby-daughter started getting teeths and she is often not able to fall into sleep - instead she is crying.
But I managed to piece another two pairs of potholders.

Yesterday we had quilt group meeting. Beside from laughing, chatting and argueing we agreed on visiting my LQS that will close end of this year. There is also a big crafts fair at Wiesbaden beginning of November. Some of my group will go there. My husband only had one day of vacation left. So I had to decide whether to go to Aschaffenburg or to Wiesbaden. Fortunatly I decided to go Aschaffenburg, because on the day my group plans to go to Wiesbaden we handicraft lampions at kindergarten for the St. Martins procession on 11th of November.
Yesterday evening we were piecing a lot of stars which will be filled with batting and put together as a garland. I will show you one when it's finished. One of our group members loves and collects moose. So she piece this x-mas ornamend. I find it realy cute.

I already finished one of my husband's socks and the second one is nearly finished. I still have one episode of 'Desperate Housewives' on VCR and I will knit while watching.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Oh gosh, Katya...I'm not sure I could knit or quilt while watching Desperate Housewives...I'd probably sew something to my thumb! Isn't that a crazy, fun series to watch?

Cynthia said...

what a nice xmas moose ornament. I can't wait to see the garland of stars.

I hope your daughters teeth will come through quickly so that she can be happy again.

Hedgehog said...

Love the potholders! And the moose!