Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My skein from handgefärbt

Last Wednesday I bought a skein of handdyed yarn at the online-shop of Handgefärbt. Each week Kirsten, the shop owner, handdyes unicum skeins and they are on sale on Wednesday. Each week she has a certain motto and last week's motto was 'Africa'. The name of my skein is 'Life in the steppe'. Yesterday the postman brought the letter and Kirsten added some teebags of rooibos tea.

When my daughter was asleep I rolled the skein into a ball. The colours are looking different now. Despite all the unfinished knits I couldn't resist to knit a bit to see how the yarn looks on the needles.

2 comments:

CONNIE W said...

The colors really do look different in the skein and the ball. You're off to a nice start there with the project.

Teodo said...

Hi Katja, beautiful these colours.
Do you prefer patchwork or Knit? ciao ciao