Saturday, April 28, 2007

Show and Tell: Sampler Quilt

I started my patchwork-career with a beginners class at the adult education center in 2002. The first quilt was a monkey wrench.


After that class I attended an intermediate class. We made a sampler quilt to learn as much techniques as possible. The problem was, that we only had a few evenings time and when the time was up we only finished the blocks. Our teacher told us in a few minutes how to finish the quilt with sashing and binding. You can imagine how that quilt ended up. I cut the sashing and pieced them to the blocks but I never had one thought that the sashing strips should fit along and across. Originally it should become a quillow but it became a quilt because I had no idea how to piece the pillowcase to the quilt's back.

Anyway, I finished the quilt and handquilted it after I had a class with the german quilting artist Andrea Stracke.


1 comment:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Dein Kurs klingt so wie meiner damals ;-) Aber das Ergebnis zählt, und der Sampler ist klasse geworden !
Liebe Grüße
Angelika