Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tote bag finished

This post is for my patchwork friends. I not only knitted the socks for my sockpal I also pieced a tote bag. Each member of my quilt group has to piece one bag for sale. I saw a pattern in a patchwork journal with the stripes I used. The yellow stripes are quilted. All other details of the bag were done by inspiration and not by a pattern. I used to make the straps in two colours and so that you have two different colours on top. I learnt this trick from Barbara (I have a fabric subscription from her shop). When you have these two different colours you can see at once whether you have both handles or only one.
Wait and see whether this bag will find a new owner.

4 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Die Tasche findet bestimmt schnelle einen Käufer - sieht klasse aus ! Den Trick mit den Straps habe ich noch nicht verstanden ?-)
Liebe Grüße
Angelika

Simonetta said...

Hi Katja,this new bag it is really beautiful. The yellow color recalls the summer!
The new owner it will be fortunate to possess such a beautiful bag :)))

Teodo said...

Ciao,
BELLISSIMA this new bag.
The colours are right for a happy summer.
ciao ciao

Rose Marie said...

Love your socks and tote bag!