Monday, July 09, 2007

Place mat for sewingmachine

At the Quiltsterne get together I saw a pieced 'place mat' that is lying under the sewingmachine and has some pockets for litter or supplies like scissors (or hiding some candys from the kids). I found an instruction on the homepage of my workshop instructor Ute Glück. I made the place mat a bit different than the instruction says, because I was to mean to use that funny fabric (that I found at IKEA) as background fabric as well.

I have some fabric left and I plan to make a wallhanging with pockets for my rulers and other notions.

5 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Now that's a very clever idea. What a great job!

Joyce said...

WHat a good idea. I need one for my serger to catch threads and to keep it from moving around. That may be my next project.

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Sieht klasse aus - Der Stoff ist ja super :-)

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

So wunderschön bunt hast du deine Nähmaschinentasche gemacht :-). Rutscht die Maschine nicht beim nähen?
Liebe Grüsse
Anne-Mette

Simone said...

That's a good idea. I often searching for the scissor or something else. Why is your blog in english?

Simone