I just realised that my last post was two weeks ago.
My daughter recovered from her chicken pox quite well after being ill for a week. We then had a busy week with several doctors' appointments for the kids and me. Last Sunday the first poxes were appearing on my son. He had a lot more poxes than my daughter and he also had fever and a bad night sleep. I thought I would go nuts.
To prevent me from this destiny Angelika and I decided to have a knit along. We choose a project Angelika felt in love with and now we are both knitting a Clapotis (Knitty Fall 2004). With Angelika's help I choose a araucania yarn which Wollsucht had on stock.
The yarn is beautiful and it knits perfect. First of all I had some problems with increase in purlwise rows and I had to unravel for four times but now it works all out, after I watched the video on knittinghelp.com several times.
Because I decided not to produce as much knitting ufos as patchwork ufos I finished the second sleeve for my daughter's cardigan inbetween and will try to block it tomorrow.
Today the air was so hot that we spent most of the time in the house because it was cooler in here. I spent a lot of time on Ravelry, looked at patterns, joined groups and added favs. My Ravelry name is - surprisingly - Katjaquilt.