Sunday, May 24, 2009

Amy Butler Lotus Tunic



When I saw the pattern of the Amy Butler Lotus Tunic last year I immediatly fell in love with it. I bought the pattern and a wonderful linen - so I needed no lining.

I cut everything at the sewing class and started sewing. My first plan was to wear it with jeans or Capris, but I didn't like the look. So I resized the parts and pieced it. My teacher recommended to sew the invisible zipper on the left hand side instead of the back that I can dress it on more easily. Unfortunatly I was ill at the last lesson and I was not able to sew the zipper neatly on my own.

During the fall lessons my teacher had some suggestions to make some linen borders at the neck- and armlines. And the zipper part was still buckled. So I ironed some interlining and the zipper was okay and the course was over and the weather to bad to wear a summer tunic.

Now I have spring clases again and I shorted the hem and handstitched it.
I hope there is a bit of Amy Butlers origninal design left in this tunic. It is fantastic to wear and the linen is a wonderful fabric for hot summer days.

And when I look at the pattern again (while writing the post) maybe I will sew the short version also.

2 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Einsame Spitze ! Der Stoff ist auch total schön !
Liebe Grüße
Angelika

Quiltinchen said...

Wenn ich am Wochenende den Schnitt bekomme, wird das auch mein nächstes Projekt. Auch schon seit letztem Jahr in Planung. ;)) Ich bin gespannt, ob sie auch so einfach ist wie die "Cabo Halter".

Wirklich sehr schön geworden! Ich bin neidisch!