Sunday, November 05, 2006

Quilt Show: MainSpitz-Quilter

Today I visited the quilt show of a quilt-group nearby. The show takes places at the museum of the town and will be opened next Saturday and Sunday again.
The group consists of about 15 members. Originally a number of women met at a patchwork class of the adult education center and stayed together to take some more classes. So you often have similar quilts with different colours and design e.g. a country sampler. At the first sight they all look the same but after the next closer look each member had chosen different blocks, colours and fabrics.
I had a nice chat with one of the ladies. We also talked about how hard it could be to organize a show and get enough quilts ready to show. On my ride home I thought about my ufos and which of them I could get finished til next autumn when my group will have its next show.

This is a section of this year's rafflequilt. The money will be donated to the museum.



I liked the quilt in the next picture, because you can make it from scraps. Maybe I can use my patches of the charmswap for such type of quilt.
The quilter's name is Claudia Zabel.


My favorite quilt of the show is this star. I would like to piece such a quilt, but I still have to practise a lot on paper piecing. Unfortunately I forgot the quilter's name.



So I met one of my November goals, but this was an easy one :-)

7 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Beautiful quilts - thanks for sharing them here!

Simonetta said...

Hi Katja, indeed a beautiful day. I love a lot the quilt of the leaves. Have a great week :)))

May Britt said...

Thanks for showing these quilts. I agree, the star is so beautiful.

Joyce said...

The star quilt is amazing. I love the colours and the black sets them off perfectly. A star quilt is somewhere in my future too. I wonder if it was paper pieced at all?

Melanie said...

The quilts are beautiful. I like the scrappy leaves best. The tilting leaves are cool.

Fiona said...

I like the middle quilt too, I know it's simple, but it is my favourite because I love scraps.

Teodo said...

this quilt is fantastic .
ciao ciao I'm Linda from Monza.