Friday, February 02, 2007

socks for charity project

There is a charity project called 'Die Arche' (German for: the ark) in Hamburg, Berlin and Munich that takes care of streetkids. They provide the kids with food, cloth, coachings for homework, leisure activities and a lot of other things.

Moni asked knitters she knows, whether we would like to knit socks for these kids. She provides the yarn, but she won't be able to knit all by herself.
So she packed a box of yarn and sent it to me. I choose the colour, knit as much pairs I'd like to and send the remaining yarn and the finished socks to the next knitter on the list.

Because these are kids socks are small sized they are finished very quickly. The first sock is finished already and because we will spend some time in the car over the week-end I'm sure I will finish the second one soon.

Have a peek in the box:

No comments: